I found this recipe on A blog called Rawified. The following formula will allow you to create your own raw bar flavors.
- 1 cup nuts
- Almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, pistachios, peanuts, hazelnuts, etc.
- 1 cup sweet dried fruit
- Dates, raisins, figs, prunes, etc.
- 1 cup filling (optional)
- Dried cherries, dried blueberries, dried apricot, dried pineapple, cranberries, goji berries, more chopped nuts, dried coconut, chocolate chips, coffee beans, cacao nibs, shredded carrot, etc.
- 2 – 4 tbsp flavoring (optional)
- Cacao, vanilla, cinnamon, citrus zest and juice, ginger, mint, cloves, coconut oil.
In your food processor, mix together fruit and nuts until a sticky, workable dough is formed. Add flavoring, and process well. Add fillings, and pulse until combined – being careful not to wreck the texture. Shape into six equal sized bars, and wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap. If you’re in a hurry, you can shape the dough into eight to twelve balls, instead. Lärabars should keep in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container for up to a month.
This is Maggie’s take on the Coconut Cream Pie Larabar.
- Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 cup mixed almonds and cashews
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil